Residential Park Home Insurance Services UK



Because park home owners are different, because they have different expectations and different budgets, we have carefully designed two park home insurance policies which we hope will allow you to choose the right one for you: Economy & Select. 

Park homes offer a unique lifestyle, their construction is different, the ownership model is different, and the community lifestyle is different. Our insurance policies have been carefully designed, they are based upon over 60 years of experience in the park home marketplace and many conversations with park home residents.

Both policies provide cover on a replacement as new basis, designed to replace your home and its contents with their brand new equivalent in the event of a total loss. They will both cover the most important perils such as fire, storm, flood, theft and the escape of water and will include other benefits such as freezer contents, replacement locks, alternative accommodation, public and property owners’ liability and importantly 24-hour home emergency assistance and a free and bespoke park home legal advice helpline.

Most park home policies exclude loss or damage caused by vermin, typically rats and mice. Vermin damage can be very extensive, indeed a park home was damaged beyond economical repair as a result of rat damage in 2018. The 'Select' policy includes loss or damage caused by vermin such as rats and mice.

Types of Residential Park Home Covers - PB Insurance

We have set out below in a helpful ‘at a glance’ style the full range of features and benefits provided by our ‘Select’ and ‘Economy’ policy options enabling you to chose the policy which best matches your requirements.

If there is any aspect of the policies that you do not understand please call us and we will gladly explain. You can also view the full policy wording on line or we shall be happy to forward a specimen policy to you.

We have done our best to set out the features clearly, we believe both policies provide excellent cover, as good, if not better, than any other comparable policy currently available.

Please remember that no policy will protect you and your home against every eventuality, conditions and exclusions will apply and every application will be subject to individual underwriting taking into account your needs and your individual circumstances.

Park Home Insurance Premiums

Our premiums are heavily influenced by the age of the park home, it has been our experience, shared by other insurers too, that older homes represent a higher risk than newer homes in terms of the cost and frequency of claims, for this reason higher rates apply for homes built before 1995. The premiums for our ‘Select’ policy reflect the very high levels of cover and benefits provided by that policy – including no policy excess, accidental damage, vermin cover, legal expenses and 24 hour Home Emergency Assistance. The lower premiums for the ‘Economy’ policy reflect lower levels of cover with policy excesses, no vermin cover or legal expenses and limited accidental damage cover.                                    

Personal Possessions away from home – optional cover

Personal Possessions – optional cover is available in respect of personal possessions normally worn or carried about the person away from home e.g. jewellery, glasses, cameras, lap-tops, golf and fishing equipment. As an example to add £1,000 of cover the above premiums would increase by  approximately £20 on the standard premium and approximately £16 on the discounted premium.


We recognise the value of local and national park home resident's associations and offer a 15% park home insurance discount to members.

We also offer a 15% ‘Select Park’ discount to residents who live on one of our select parks, these include parks operated by Turners, Tingdene, Birch’s.


Homes Manufactured after 1994:

  • Standard Premium £379.33
  • With Resident’s Association or ‘Select Park’ 15% discount £325.44 

Homes Manufactured before 1995:

  • Standard Premium £415.26
  • With Resident’s Association or ‘Select Park’ 15% discount £355.98

View policy here


Homes Manufactured after 1994:

  • Standard Premium £284.07
  • With Resident’s Association or ‘Select Park’ 15% discount £244.46

Homes Manufactured before 1995:

  • Standard Premium £310.48
  • With Resident’s Association or ‘Select Park’ 15% discount £266.90

View policy here

Section   Select Economy
Structures Standard Excess – All Sections Nil £100
Usual Definition of Unoccupancy 60 days 30 days
Sum Insured up to £600,000 up to £300,000
Basis of Settlement New for Old New for Old
Cover Basis Accidental Damage Specified Perils*
Trace & Access
(to locate the source of the damage)
£5,000 £1,000
Site Clearance, Delivery & Re-siting Yes Yes
AD to service pipes and cables Yes Yes
AD to glass and sanitaryware Yes Yes
Replacement locks £1,000 £100
Alternative accommodation £120,000 £60,000
Emergency entry
(by the emergency services)
Yes Yes
Property owner’s liability £5,000,000 £5,000,000
Contents Sum Insured up to £65,000 up to £40,000
Limit Any One Valuable £5,000 £1,500
Limit All Valuables £20,000 £7,500
Limit money £500 £150
Limit business equipment £5,000 Not insured
Basis of Settlement New for Old
(incl. clothing & linen)
New for Old
(excl. clothing & linen)
Cover Basis Accidental Damage Specified Perils
AD to Entertainment Equipment Yes Yes
AD to mirrors and glass Yes Yes
Replacement locks £1,000 £100
Payment card liability £1,000 Nil
Accidental loss of oil and water £2,000 Nil
Temporarily Removed £5,000 (£2,500 for Theft) Nil
Alternative accommodation £13,000 £8,000
Documents £2,500 Nil
Festival and wedding gifts £6,500 Nil
Visitor’s personal effects £1,000 Nil
Domestic staff’s personal effects £1,000 Nil
Frozen food* Up to the Contents Sum Insured £100
Liability to domestic staff £10,000,000 £10,000,000
Public liability £5,000,000 £5,000,000
Tenant’s liability £13,000 £5,000
Unrecovered damages £5,000,000 Nil
Emergency entry
(by the emergency services)
Yes Yes
Shopping in transit £350 Nil
Dependent relative contents £2,500 Nil
Professional Home Removal Yes NO
Contents in the open £1,500 £250
Garden plants £1,000 £250
Personal Possessions Territorial Limits Worldwide Worldwide
Maximum Sum Insured £10,000 £5,000
Limit Any One Item £1,000 unless Specified £1,000 unless Specified
Limit Money £500 £500
Payment Card Liability £1,000 £1,000
Personal Accident Maximum Limit of Indemnity £10,000 N/A
Maximum Age of Claimant 69 Years N/A
Home Emergency Assistance Domestic Emergency Helpline Yes Yes
Emergency Repairs £1,000 £250
Overnight Accommodation £250 £100
Park Home & Family Legal Legal Helpline Yes Yes
Protected Park Home Disputes Yes N/A
Misrepresentation & Breach of Contract Yes N/A
Consumer Pursuit Yes N/A
Consumer Defence Yes N/A
Personal Injury Yes N/A
Employment Disputes Yes N/A
Property Infringement Yes N/A
Property Damage Yes N/A
Property Sale & Purchase Yes N/A
Data Protection Yes N/A
Personal Identity Fraud Yes N/A

Paul Baker Insurance Services (PBIS) work closely with and support both local and national park home resident’s associations such as:

'The Independent Park Home Advisory Service (IPHAS)' – – 0800 612 8938 and the 'National Association of Park Home Residents (NAPHR)' –

We applaud the work they do on behalf of residents organising events, representing their interests with the park owner and campaigning for changes to the park home legislation contained in the Mobile Homes Acts. 

Members of resident’s associations can claim a 15% discount on their park home insurance premiums with PBIS, this can equate to a saving of around £40 on our ‘Select’ policy for an annual membership fee which is usually around just £6! A great investment don’t you agree ?

We also offer a 15% discount to supporters of the Park Home Owners’ JUSTICE Campaign which has been instrumental in achieving beneficial changes to the Mobile Homes Act. 

In addition we recognise that there are many excellent park operators who invest in their parks and work closely with residents to ensure that park home living really is the dream it should be  relaxed, safe and free from worry and stress. 

So if you live on a park owned by the Turners Group, Michael Ward, Neil Collis (Pant Mawr Park), Tingdene Parks or parks owned by the Birch's Group, you can claim a 15% discount on your park home insurance with PBIS. This is list is not exhaustive, 'new 'Select' parks are being added all the time.

  • For a first time buyer of a park home I was put at ease straight away. Explained different covers and prices and was not rushed into anything
    Mrs Y – Coombe Park, Cornwall
  • Lovely friendly service. Jacquie is definitely as asset to your business
    Mrs C – Sunnyhaven Park, Wales
  • We are extremely satisfied with the way our claim was handled from the very start with special thanks to Jacquie who dealt with us
    Mr & Mrs S – Burwash Park, East Sussex
  • From start to finish it has been a friendly, reassuring and very professional experience. I would have no reservations in recommending Paul Baker Insurance, thank you!
    Mr A – Purbeck View Park – Dorset

Contact us

If you would like to speak to one of our team about our Park Home cover please call us FREE on 0800 038 5090 or apply for a quote online

Park Home Insurance FAQs

Insurance Companies regard park homes as 'non standard' construction properties and many of them, and online comparison sites too, do not quote for them for this reason. In practice the cost of insuring park homes and their contents is not prohibitive and is provided by specialists such as Paul Baker Insurance Services. Whilst older homes can be more difficult to insure, newer homes are built to a very high standard greatly reducing the risk of fire loss or damage. The biggest factor is flooding so it is worth checking whether the home is on a site which may be susceptible to flooding. 

Incidents of theft and vandalism are very rare on residential parks, which is a very positive rating factor.

In the past this has been a very difficult question to answer because the cost of replacing a park home with its brand new equivalent will vary hugely from plot to plot, site to site, region to region.  Whilst factory prices are the same homes must be purchased through site owners and their margins and costs vary significantly! In response to this specialist insurers like us offer reassuringly high ‘blanket’ sums insured for both the home and the contents meaning under insurance is very unlikely indeed. The sums insured will include the associated costs of site clearance, re-siting and delivery fees.

No, the base and indeed the plot is owned by and remains the responsibility of the site owner, it is his responsibility therefore to insure it and to maintain it.

Contact your insurance provider, some like us will have an in house claims handling team who will take details and advise you what to do next. Some will have an out of hours answering service and will feature a 24-hour Home Emergency benefit as we do.

Trees can be a very real attraction and many parks are located in woodland areas, Garston Park and Pathfinder Village spring to mind. Your policy should cover you for loss or damage caused by falling trees and branches, whether the trees are owned by you or someone else. This should also include the cost of removal. If the damage has resulted from the failure of the site owner, for example, to maintain the trees, your insurance should still pay for the damage, it may then pursue the site owner for reimbursement if negligence can be proven.

It is worth mentioning that you should regularly check your roof for damage and clear your drains and gutters of leaf and twig debris, blocked gutters can cause real problems of water ingress.

If you are concerned about trees ask the Local Authority to inspect them, especially if the owner is refusing to address your concerns.

The legislation covering park homes is contained in the Caravan Sites Development Act and various Mobile Homes Acts - most recently the 2014 Mobile Homes Act.

Some insurance policies include a specific park home legal advice helpline and also legal expenses cover but by no means all do so it is worth checking. Paul Baker Insurance Services include one which is manned by experts in park home legislation and in addition include Legal Expenses covering certain disputes with site owners.

You can also get help and advice from the national park home resident’s associations, for a very small membership fee, usually £6. Try The Independent Park Home Advisory Service (IPHAS) or the National Association of Park Home Residents (NAPHR)  - incidentally members of resident’s associations are entitled to a 15% discount on their insurance premiums with Paul Baker Insurance Services - more than covering the membership fee!

And finally you can try LEASE, this is a body set up by Government to advise park home residents, park owners and Local Authorities about park home legislation.

One of the reasons people buy park homes is to downsize to release equity to enable them to enjoy their retirement, and for many this means longer holidays or more frequent holidays.

Insurers accept this but their approach may differ.  Some will apply certain conditions after the home has been left empty for more than say 30 or 60 days, so it is worth checking particularly if you are going away for more than 30 days. Typically exclusions are applied, theft may be excluded unless involving forcible and violent entry or exit, loss or damage by the escape of water may be excluded unless the heating is left on at a certain temperature.

It is always a good idea to ask a neighbour to check your home, inside and out whilst you are away so that any problem, such as a leak can be nipped in the bud!

Your policy will provide a benefit if your is made uninhabitable by an insured peril such as loss or damage caused by storm or flood, fire, impact by road vehicles or a fallen tree. The amount of the benefit will vary but usually it will be a compensation payment to cover the costs of temporary alternative accommodation whilst the home is being repaired - or replaced. In some cases, where the home has suffered extensive damage, you could be away from the home for many many months, likewise if the home has been damaged beyond repair it could take many months to secure a replacement.

Yes, as with traditional insurance your policy can be extended to include loss or damage to items normally worn or carried about the person such as glasses, jewellery, cameras and mobile phones, an additional premium will apply but usually this cover will be world wide.

Likewise your policy can be extended to cover sports equipment be it golf, bowls or archery for example, and pedal cycles can also be added for loss or damage away from the home.

Policies will vary, the excess of course is the amount YOU have to pay in the event of a claim. Some policies will carry quite high excesses, for example £500 for subsidence, £150 for damage caused by the escape of water, some will be excess free. Whilst higher excesses should mean lower premiums that is not always the case, and high excesses will put you off making genuine claims, indeed you may not even be able to afford to pay the excess.

Yes, for some insurers solid fuel heating is an underwriting consideration and may result in higher premiums or policy endorsements. Paul Baker are unfortunately unable to offer cover for homes with solid fuel heating (e.g. log burners, wood burners).

The risk of flooding is one the most important underwriting considerations. Insurers will have their own flood data upon which they underwrite particular risks, so it can be worth shopping around if your insurer is unable to offer flood cover. Paul Baker underwrites risks on a plot by plot basis via AXA Insurance and risks may be acceptable, subject to a loading or excess or subject to a flood exclusion.

As well as providing a choice of policies designed to meet your requirements and pocket and a very flexible, personal and friendly service we have a huge amount of experience in insuring park homes, over 60 years between us in fact. Importantly too we do virtually everything in house, one call does it all, from quote to claim. No call centres - just a friendly name!

And whilst insurance is our expertise we are far more than just an insurance provider. We will be taking an active role in supporting park home residents, associations and campaigns through sponsorship and through engagement via our regional road shows, our web site, our literature, our ‘Ask a Question’ service and our role as a partner in Park Home News magazine. We will also being doing our bit to promote and reward excellence within the industry so look out for our competitions and events. Please put us to the test.